Automated Extensions, powered by AI, help improve your ad’s visibility and performance
26 June 2018
We know advertisers are always looking for ways to save time and improve the performance of their campaigns. That is why Bing is using AI to build systems that can perceive, learn, find patterns and help make predictions that improve ad performance. By harnessing the power of AI and applying machine learning, we are delivering intelligent and personalized audience targeting, campaign optimization tools, and more customized ad experiences such as Dynamic Search Ads, In-Market Audiences, and Auto-Bidding.
And now we are thrilled to add another AI-powered solution to the Bing Ads platform. Formerly known as Annotations, Automated Extensions will save you time by reducing operational tasks as well as help alleviate ad testing guesswork. As an intelligent ad solution, AI helps Automated Extensions analyze huge amounts of data and find more effective ways to supplement your text ads with extensions for improved visibility and increased performance, with no action required from you.
How Automated Extensions work
Engaging your customer effectively requires having the right extensions in place which can cause extensive amounts of work. This is where Automated Extensions can help. Bing collects and extracts relevant and useful content to ensure the right extensions appear at the right time. This data can come from the content on your website, your ad descriptions, a user’s Bing query, Bing Shopping feeds, and 3rd party sources like Twitter or consumer reviews. The primary objective is to supplement the title, ad description, and display URL that’s already created by the advertiser to provide unique information and create additional value for improved ad performance.
As part of this update, we are thrilled to announce that we are adding reporting and opt-out in the UI for the 9 Automated extensions currently available.
- Consumer Ratings
- Dynamic Ad Enhancements
- Dynamic Callouts
- Dynamic Partner Data Enhancements
- Dynamic Sitelinks
- Dynamic Structured Snippets
- Longer Ad Headlines
- Previous Visits
- Seller Ratings
Key things to know
- Opt-out is only available at the account level.
- Choosing to opt-out of an Automated Extension will opt-out an account from all features under this extension. Specific information about all features can be found on our Bing Ads Help page.
- Historical opt-outs at the individual types level of Automated Extensions will be honored at the aggregate Automated Extension level.
- Reporting is available at the Automated Extension level and not at each individual type level under this extension.
- Clicks on specific Automated Extensions will be charged like an ad headline click. Currently, only Dynamic Sitelinks will be charged for clicks.
Let us know your thoughts
For any questions or feedback regarding Automated Extensions, we encourage you to reach out to your Bing Ads account manager. You can also ping us on Twitter
, suggest a feature on the Bing Ads Feature Suggestion Forum
, or send us an email with your thoughts to email@example.com