Spring is just around the corner, and you’re probably starting to think about getting your advertising house organised. As any good homemaker or advertiser knows, getting organised is a lot easier with the right tools and tips.
If you’ve been advertising for a while, you’re aware of the many variables to keep track of your bids and budgets, account performance, and keyword lists optimisation, to name just a few. Just like good housekeeping, without the proper maintenance, your account can quickly become unwieldy. Automation helps you get organised and stay that way. There’s less need to worry about routine tasks that take up time, but it’s necessary to keep things in running order.
With tools powered by intelligence, you won’t have to dedicate tons of time to mundane tasks to stay organised. It’s just like at home, where you might use a robot vacuum to take a routine chore off your plate. You set up parameters to help the robot learn, map, and adapt to your home. The same goes for automation: set it up, let it learn, and you’re on easy street after that.
Of course, machines can’t replace you as the driver. We’ve all seen those videos of the robot vacuum sucking up things that it shouldn’t and causing all sorts of trouble. But advertising automation is more reliable than your average robot vacuum. More often, it will save you a lot of time and probably some money too.
A few years ago, advertisers had to determine their own keywords and manually set bids according to their value. Now, automated bidding can do the work for you in a fraction of the time, optimising on the fly to save money and generate more engagements. That sure makes life easier, and that’s what this post is about: Ways to make your life easier by getting organised with automation.
Like any good robot, automated intelligence (AI) in advertising helps support human beings during fluctuations, so they can smartly respond to dynamic conditions. Here are more automated intelligent tools to help you get and stay organised this spring.
Try these AI-powered intelligent features
The first step in getting organised and staying that way is to use tracking. For advertising, that means Universal Event Tracking.
Universal Event Tracking (UET) is the key that unlocks powerful Microsoft Advertising features such as conversion tracking, audience targeting, and automated bid strategies. The UET tag records what customers do on your website and sends that information to Microsoft Advertising. UET is a prerequisite for conversion tracking, Remarketing in Paid Search, and automated bidding bid strategies. It will work with all industry-ready tag management systems.
Automated bidding is a core component for organising your ad accounts. With automated bidding, you’re able to efficiently manage bids that can otherwise be complex and time-consuming.
- Enhanced CPC modifies your cost per click (CPC) bid for better efficiency.
- Maximize Clicks helps you get as many clicks as possible.
- Maximize Conversions enables you to get as many conversions as possible.
- Target CPA helps you get as many conversions as possible within your target cost per acquisition (CPA).
- Target ROAS sets your bids to achieve your target return on ad spend (ROAS).
Automated ads allow you to create ads with core components that will automatically adjust based on your set parameters. These automated ad types will enable you to reach the best audience with ads that resonate for higher engagement.
- Responsive Search Ads eliminate the need to figure out which headlines and descriptions work well together. You provide up to 15 headlines and four descriptions. Microsoft Advertising will optimise it to create the most effective ads. This will be the standard ad type starting in summer 2022.
- Dynamic Search Ads drive incremental query coverage. Using your website’s content, they uncover new business opportunities by matching your ads to users’ queries that aren’t part of your keywords. With static headline options (unique to Microsoft Advertising), you can retain control over the ad copy and titles.
- Smart Shopping Campaigns cost-effectively scale your Shopping Campaigns and boost your conversion rates by showing the right ad to the right user at the right time.
- Smart Campaigns use Microsoft AI to create engaging ads, simplify setup, and extend reach. They were created to help improve ad performance and business results.
- Automated Extensions will save you time by reducing operational tasks and help alleviate ad testing guesswork. AI helps Automated Extensions analyse huge amounts of data as an intelligent ad solution. It finds more effective ways to supplement your text ads with extensions for improved visibility and increased performance, with no action required from you.
- Action Extensions encourage potential customers to take the next step with options that let them download, apply, reserve, subscribe, watch, and more.
Ad automation, like spring cleaning, helps you get and stay organised and takes future busy work off your plate. It saves time you can reinvest where it matters most, rather than turning dials and doing repetitive work. Try these and other Microsoft Advertising automated solutions today.