Captivating and engaging your target customer in today’s world is a difficult task. Consumers are doing more research and are constantly surrounded by ads and information. The decision journey is getting longer and reaching potential customers with the right message at the right moments is more important than ever.
To help you reach your audience in new ways, we’re excited to announce that Video Ads on the Microsoft Audience Network are generally available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Video Ads on the Microsoft Audience Network complement your existing search and image ad strategy. Activating across a variety of compelling formats helps you reach potential customers as they move across their decision journey, reinforcing your message and encouraging them to take action.
Drive deeper connections with your ideal audience
Video Ads on the Microsoft Audience Network help you drive deeper connections with a highly relevant audience. You can leverage what we know about our audience to engage your ideal customers where they’re browsing, shopping, and spending time across Microsoft sites.
Fuelled by powerful intent data like searches, web activity, browser behaviour, and more, our Video Ads can help you captivate your audience in an immersive format, while moving potential customers closer to purchase. Microsoft is the only platform with access to all this rich intent data on video assets, which means that you can drive improved performance with Video Ads on the Microsoft Audience Network.
with search + video ad
exposure vs search only
An overview of the different ad formats available on the Microsoft Audience Network
Connect to an active audience you can’t find anywhere else
Reach an audience spending time on Microsoft sites
- 1 in 3 users stay on MSN and Microsoft Edge to get the content they need.
- 72 minutes is the average time spent by a visitor on Microsoft Edge per month.
Reach an audience that cannot be accessed anywhere else
- 39% of users watch videos on MSN but not on YouTube.
- 57% of users watch videos on MSN but not on Facebook.
Flexible offerings to match your needs
Our flexible bidding options mean that you can choose what best suits your goals, and only pay when people watch or engage with your Video Ad.
||What is it?
||How is it counted?
|Reach / Impression
||Bid per 1000 viewable impressions on your video
||A viewable impression is counted when a viewer watches 2 seconds of continuous play when video is >=50% in user’s view, or clicks on your ad, whichever comes first.
||Bid on a single video view
||A video view is counted when a viewer watches at least 15 seconds of video, or clicks on your ad, whichever comes first.
||Bid per click on your video
||A video click is counted when a viewer clicks on the video and lands on your website.
Ready to get started?
Here are some set up tips and best practices to get you up and running:
Setting up for success
Landing the right message
- Catch your audience’s attention in ten seconds or less. Although your ads can run longer (6-120 seconds), the first 10 seconds are critical to land your message.
- Feature your product or brand message early on to make sure people remember it.
- Design for sound off. Our Video Ads are auto-play and sound off, so use text and graphics whenever possible.
- Adapt your message to the customer journey. To drive action with your customers, use Video Ads to provide more information about a product or service and drive to sign up or purchase pages.
- Be creative! See what works for you—try different video lengths, intro text copy, headlines, or landing pages to see what resonates best with your audience.
Launching a Video Ads campaign on the Microsoft Audience Network is quick and easy! Take a look at our step-by-step overview of how to get started: About Video Ads (microsoft.com).
Help us improve Microsoft Advertising
Your comments and feedback are integral to shape and improve our product. You can use the Microsoft Advertising Feedback portal, in-product feedback, Twitter, or Instagram. You can also email us at email@example.com or contact Support.
Sign up for the Microsoft Advertising Insider newsletter to keep up with the latest insights, product news, tips and tricks, thought leadership, customer success stories, and resources.