Find the ideal audience with In-market Audiences
May 29, 2018
Finding and attracting the ideal audience can be challenging and time-consuming for many advertisers. In-market Audiences
can help you to quickly reach consumers who are ready to buy. Using artificial intelligence (AI), Microsoft is able to predict and identify audience segments who’ve shown purchase intent signals within certain categories.
Let’s say you’re a home improvement supplier wanting to reach people who are ready to buy new patio furniture for summer barbeques. Bing Ads finds audience segments who have recently shown interest in these categories via search or online activity for garden decorations, outdoor grills, or related products. Using AI and machine learning, we’ve identified those audiences who are most likely to purchase within the Home & Garden audience, which you can easily associate with your ads.
Pilot participants have been seeing strong results from In-market Audiences: up to 28% higher click-through rates and up to 48% higher conversion rates1
. We’re excited to announce In-market Audiences are now available to everyone in the U.S. market.
“I can try new things like the In-market Audiences pilot, where I can rely on the intelligence of the system to guide me on who may be ready to purchase. We tapped into a larger audience and were excited to see nearly 27% increase in return on ad spend.”
— Juliana Dean, digital marketing manager, Vegas.com
Getting started with In-market Audiences
Note: This feature is currently only available for customers in the U.S. market. We look forward to opening In-market Audiences to additional markets later this year.
- Go to the Audiences tab in the Campaign page, click on Create association.
- Select the ad group you want to associate and select In-market audiences under Ad group targeting.
- Find the In-market Audiences you want to associate, select the targeting setting, and Save. Bing Ads now supports more than 170 In-market Audiences for search campaigns across many popular industries, such as retail, travel, financial services and more.
- Use Audience Segmentation to view and compare the In-market Audiences performance lift of each audience against a common baseline of non-targeted users.
In-market Audiences best practices
- Choose the In-market Audiences categories that best align to your business goal. It’s important to start with the right set of customers, to help you focus your budget on people who matter to you.
- Associate the In-market Audiences to existing top-performing ad groups as “bid only” with 20% bid adjustment2 and monitor for 2 weeks. This allows you to quickly compare the performance of ad groups using In-market Audiences against those not using them.
- Use Remarketing in paid search, Custom Audiences and In-market Audiences together to help you get the largest reach and impact. Remarketing and Custom Audiences let you target existing users who have bought before or those who have interacted with your site but have not yet converted. In-market Audiences allows you to expand the reach to those who may not have interacted with your site but are ready to buy.
- Make sure all existing audiences associated with the ad group can be used as “bid only” before you change the targeting setting (“bid only” or “target and bid”). Targeting setting is an ad group level setting and is applied to all new and existing audience associations regardless of the audience category.
Connect with Bing Ads
You can always reach us on Twitter
and our Feature Suggestion Forum
with your ideas, comments, and suggestions. Also, visit the Help section
of Bing Ads to read more about In-Market Audiences and our other audience targeting offerings.