Microsoft’s commitment to harnessing the power of technology to help everyone, everywhere to build a more sustainable future is more important than ever. From our operations to product design and partnerships, sustainability informs everything we do. We take pride in our history of advocating for policies that advance sustainability.
Aligned to that company-wide commitment, we at Microsoft Advertising are excited to officially announce our new sustainability mission. The mission is bold, the plan is simple. Our goal is to plant 100,000 trees by July 2020 while reducing swag for customer contests and events, as well as via employee activities. A key part of Microsoft's culture is to empower employees to give back to, and be active in, their local communities through donation matching and paid volunteer days.
How, why and where we are planting 100,000 trees
We’ve teamed up with Ecosia
, our Microsoft syndication partner, to support:
- The Jane Goodall Institute to reforest wild chimpanzees’ habitat in Uganda
- Turning deserts back into forests in Burkina Faso
- Reforestation in Brazil
Over the coming months you will hear more about the various planting and sustainability volunteer programs that employees are driving. Check out Nancy Weber’s blog
on how she and her Microsoft Hamburg colleagues volunteered through Green Kayak to clean local waterways.
How to have trees planted on your behalf
Opportunities for Microsoft Advertising customers:
Opportunities for everyone:
- Participate in customer contests such as ‘Get to Green’
- Attend our events or come meet us at industry events such as DMEXCO, the Web Summit, Ad Week and more
- Catch an episode of the new Microsoft Advertising ‘Masters’ webinar series and we will plant a tree on your behalf if you are one of the first 100 people to watch any episode live or on-demand
- Reach out to your sales contact to learn more
Further information may be found in this short deck on our '100,000 Trees' mission
- Share a picture on social media of you striving for a more sustainable world
- Microsoft Advertising will plant a tree when you add this blog post and #MicrosoftForEarth