Happy new year 2024 from Microsoft Advertising! We hope your year has gotten off to a wonderful start.
For this January product roundup, we’re focusing on one upcoming update to share—an exciting new way to run your Lodging campaigns from Microsoft Advertising.
More product updates will be shared in future monthly blog posts, which will be posted on the first Tuesday of every month in 2024.
In the meantime, you can review our past posts in the Microsoft Advertising Blog to learn about interesting highlights and updates, and look for an upcoming Product roundup live webcast on Wednesday, January 31 recapping the past few months in Microsoft Advertising product releases. Hope to see you there.
Hotel Center subaccounts deprecation by February 6, 2024
As we strive to improve and innovate our products, we’re changing how you set up and manage Hotel Price ads and Property Promotion ads.
Starting February 6, 2024, we’re deprecating the creation of subaccounts and bid management in Hotel Center, and the only way to manage these lodging solutions will be through our new enhanced offering, Lodging campaigns.
After this deadline, your subaccounts in Hotel Center will no longer run. Note that you’ll still use Hotel Center to manage your feeds, such as uploading and editing your property feed or verifying your transaction messages.
Benefits of Lodging campaigns
- Cross-platform parity: Streamline Hotel Price ads and Property Promotion ads campaign management across platforms with ease. New campaign architecture will enable model and functional parity with Google Ads Hotel campaigns.
- New ad distribution options: Increase your reach to more travelers by expanding to our audience ads and other syndicated search partners, leading to additional engagement with your offerings and more bookings.
- New targeting opportunities: Use remarketing lists that are already active in your Microsoft Advertising search campaigns to increase your reach and online sales.
- More control: You now have the ability to run separate Hotel Price ads and Property Promotion ads campaigns.
To ensure a smooth transition by February 6, we have the following recommendations
- Recreate your legacy Hotel Center subaccounts as Lodging campaigns. Use the About lodging campaigns guide for help—There’s no need to re-upload your Assets/Feeds, as they’ll remain active in Hotel Center.
- Update your URL Tracking at the account/campaign level, as needed. See What tracking or URL parameters can I use? for more information.
- We recommend leaving your Hotel Center subaccounts to run a further one to two weeks, while your Lodging campaign traffic picks up. (Tip: Increase your bids slightly for Lodging Campaigns to help volume.)
- After new campaigns ramp up, reduce Hotel Center budget to $0 and delete the subaccounts.
We’re excited about the possibilities that Lodging campaigns offer and look forward to continuing our partnership to drive your success. If you want to hand raise for lodging solutions, see the enrollment form.
Throughout the migration process, whether you contact your account team or our ad support team, we’ll be on hand to assist with any inquiries or concerns you may have.
That’s all for now. We’ll see you back here on February 6 with our next product roundup, and don’t forget to attend the upcoming live product roundup webcast on Wednesday, January 31.
Have a great start to the new year!
Help us improve Microsoft Advertising
Your comments and feedback are integral to shape and improve our product. You can use the Microsoft Advertising Feedback portal, in-product feedback, Twitter, or Instagram, and as always, contact Support.
Sign up for the Microsoft Advertising Insider newsletter to keep up with the latest insights, product news, tips and tricks, thought leadership, customer success stories, and resources.