Marketing with Purpose is more than a buzzworthy topic—it’s a core, critically important component in authentically demonstrating diversity and inclusion for your business. To help you accomplish this, we’ve added four more business attributes to our growing list and extended their availability to European markets.
These inclusive business attributes are text additions that can be added to search ads. Including these attributes enables you to quickly communicate and showcase the mutual values between your brand and your customers that help build trust, brand love, and loyalty through inclusivity.
The four new attributes are:
These new attributes will join the 32 attributes currently available.
Why Marketing with Purpose Business Attributes matter
Highlighting unique attributes helps differentiate your brand, demonstrates responsibility, and shows how your brand values align with those of your customers. These are the core building blocks of trust and allow you to be authentic and inclusive. Did you know that there are over 1 billion people on the planet with a disability? And when you add their friends and family who care about them, that number increases to 2.3 billion who care about accessibility.
Employing features that aid in Marketing with Purpose in your advertising is a powerful way for marketers to connect and highlight great aspects of your business that bring people together.
The Marketing with Purpose Business Attributes
Altogether, there are four categories of business attributes available to advertisers. They are: accessibility, environmental, inclusion, and community/social responsibility. These four categories help you:
- Demonstrate how your brand considers accessibility features in your business. Did you know that 15% of the world's population experience some form of disability?
For example, there are 422 million people worldwide with diabetes.
- Connect with people through shared values. On the Microsoft Advertising Network in the U.S., veterans are 225% more likely to pay more for sustainable and eco-friendly products than the average internet user. The same holds true for Black and African Americans at 93%, LatinX at 51% and LGBTQI+ at 41% more likely.
- Help people feel included. We found when someone experiences an inclusive ad, there was a 26% increase in purchase intent. Put simply, people will buy from brands that stand for something larger than just their product.
We're now offering four attribute categories with 36 total attributes:
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visual assistance
- Hearing assistance
- Mobility assistance
- Touchless pickup
- No-contact delivery
- Web accessibility
- Local business
- Small business
- Supports a cure
- Supports disease research
Below is an example of a text ad with the environmental business attribute Women-owned.
Add Marketing with Purpose Business Attributes to your advertising accounts
Adding this feature is quick and simple! These attributes can be set at the account level and used to decorate text ads and product ads. Advertisers can add attributes to their accounts in four easy steps:
- Navigate to All campaigns.
- Click on Settings.
- Check all attributes that apply to your account.
- Click Save.
That’s it—in four easy steps you can build brand trust, love, loyalty, and purchase intent by showcasing how your brand values intersect with the values of your customers.
Other resources to help you market with purpose
Marketing with Purpose is important to maintaining your brand trust and demonstrating inclusion in marketing is a key component. You can help your teams become more intentional about Marketing with Purpose with these resources:
Find these and more on the Marketing with Purpose content hub.