The Microsoft Audience Network is a native advertising solution similar to Facebook Ads (FAN) and the Google Display Network, powered by the Microsoft Graph and Artificial Intelligence.
Advertisers can either manage their native advertising spend with their search campaigns — or manage their native advertising campaigns separately from their search campaigns.
After reading this Study guide, you will understand how to:
- Run ads directly targeting users’ demographic, professional and interest profile.
- Use native placements on trusted global brands, like MSN, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Edge (USA only).
- Show your ad on top publishers and combine sites if you choose.
Microsoft Audience Ads
Microsoft Audience Ads are informed by the Microsoft Graph and powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to guide audience segmentation, engagement prediction, personalized offer selection, and ROI management.
Microsoft Audience Ads are a great way to reach the hundreds of millions of customers outside of search. The amount of high-clicks and conversions advertisers get, in addition to the boosted performance by AI, makes it a smart way to target customers, plus it’s easy to get started. Simply add images via extensions and use Google Import to pull in your GDN campaigns and use the images you’re using on Facebook or Google.
The Microsoft Audience Network supports two responsive ad formats: image-based ads and feed-based ads. These responsive ad types automatically adjust to various sizes and shapes of native ad formats.
There are two convenient ways to run Microsoft Audience Ads that offer different levels of control:
- Start with Search campaigns and add images to extend your campaigns into native advertising.
- Manage your campaigns and budget separately from your Search campaigns.
Image-based ads are responsive ads that are compatible across platforms — this means it’s easy to use your existing assets from the Google Display Network and Facebook Audience Network.
Use Product Audiences to remarket to users based on the specific product IDs that they interacted with. You can promote these ads to them with the same product IDs (also known as dynamic remarketing).
Note: To use Product Audiences, update your UET tag with an additional piece of tracking code to capture page type and product ID.
Getting started with either is simple. Upload an image or copy a URL into Bing Ads, and Bing Ads formats your content to match the unique look and feel of the publisher site, whether it's displayed on a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Here’s what hasn’t changed:
- Like search ads, you only pay when your ad is clicked.
- Use familiar setup and campaign management tools that are fully integrated with Bing Ads.
- Control Microsoft Audience Ads campaigns using bid modifiers, similar to other bid modifiers in Bing Ads.
- Upload images easily via Image Extensions.
- Use existing reports, like Campaigns and Audiences reports, for audience campaigns.
- Manage by using familiar search ad tools and interfaces: Bing Ads online, Bing Ads Editor and Bing Ads API.
Learn more about full creative specs for Microsoft Audience Ads.
Based on Bing and search, the Microsoft Graph has recently built our advertising offering on the consumer data of the Microsoft Graph.
By developing a rich audience understanding of enterprise and consumer data brought together across Microsoft, you can choose one or multiple dimensions:
- User intent targeting: Remarketing, In-market Audiences, Custom Audiences, Product Audiences
- User profile targeting: LinkedIn profile targeting & Age and gender targeting
- Location and device: Location targeting & Device targeting
Microsoft Audience Network is a performance-based solution infused with artificial intelligence that lets you reach highly relevant audiences using the Microsoft Graph.
- Microsoft Audience Networks boost volume and conversions through brand-safe native content placements.
- Microsoft Audience Network reaches target audiences across Microsoft properties likes MSN, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Edge.
Thanks for reading this Study guide on Microsoft Audience Network. Continue studying or take the Bing Ads Accredited Professional exam to become accredited.
Please note all features in this Study guide may not be available in your market.