Bing Ads Intelligence (BAI) is a powerful keyword research tool that allows customers to build and expand on their keyword lists using the Excel interface. BAI is all about efficient scaling and powerful keyword exploration. Because you’re given access to so much Bing Ads data, marketers can fine tune campaigns specifically for the Bing platform.
After reading this Study guide, you will understand how to:
- Download the Bing Ads Intelligence tool.
- Apply the keyword suggestion and keyword analysis features.
- Create customizable keyword research workflows.
- Download and leverage the integrated keyword research templates.
- Use Bing Ads intelligence for keyword expansions, webpage analysis, traffic estimates, and cross-border expansion.
Before you install the Bing Ads Intelligence tool, be sure you have Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office and Microsoft Office Excel 2010 or newer installed and closed on your computer. Also, you must uninstall any previous versions of Bing Ads Add-in for Excel, or Bing Ads Intelligence. Next, sign in to your Bing Ads account and navigate to the Tools tab. Click the Bing Ads Intelligence menu item to link to the Bing Ads Intelligence download page. You can also navigate directly to bingads.com/BAI to download the Excel add-on. From here you may select “Download now” and follow the Install Wizard prompts.
Bing Ads Intelligence (BAI) interface
After you install BAI, all of the options are available on the Bing Ads Intelligence tab on the Excel ribbon.
Sign in to your account to use the suggested keywords and bid estimates to improve your keyword selection and campaign performance. Each report appears on its tab in a table that makes it easy to sort, filter, and zero in on the specific information you want.
With the Bing Ads Intelligence tool, you can work with keyword lists of up to 200,000 generated words, easily filtering out adult/brand terms from your keyword expansion.
Bing Intelligence also takes you straight to the data story you want to see. To develop informed keyword strategies and optimize your keyword research and bid estimates, you should:
- Click Traffic for daily, weekly and monthly search query counts. Traffic is useful for spotting trends in search queries.
- Click Keyword Performance to view historical performance data for the specified keywords, including clicks, impressions and costs.
Under More Research, you may explore the following:
- Click Searches with Your Keyword to generate a list of search queries containing your keywords.
- Click Associated Keywords to generate new keywords based on other advertisers' bidding behavior.
- Click Related Searches to create a list of search queries based on the Bing Related Search results. The related search terms are derived from the related searches list that appears on the left side of the Bing Search results screen.
- Click Keyword Categories to view a list of business categories for specified keywords.
- Click Search-User Location to generate a list of locations within a country, state/province or city with the most searches on specified keywords.
- Click Age Group & Gender to generate age group and gender percentages for the specified keywords over the last 30 days. Click Bid Estimation for New Keywords to research bid suggestions and estimated performance data for existing keywords.
Clicking Submit returns bid estimation data in a spreadsheet with the following columns:
- Estimated Min Bid
- Average Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Estimated Min Impressions
Keyword Expansions & Webpage research
Find Keyword Expansions under More Research. Type in the keyword: “3d design software” and compare Google’s list to Bing Ads’ Intelligence list of 50 keyword suggestions.
Find Webpage Keywords under More Research to analyze the keywords on your landing page. Not only does Bing Intelligence uncover new keywords, but it returns keywords from the page based on a crawl of the page.
Similarly, you can use the Webpage Keywords function to run the landing pages through Bing Ads Intelligence tp ask yourself:
- Do webpage keywords match your keywords?
- Are they tightly themed?
Traffic estimates & Keyword suggestions
The Traffic function shows number of searches and can segment by device and time period.
The Keyword suggestions function filters by match type, impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, and estimated spend.
Keyword Research Templates
These are pre-generated keyword research ideas in the form of dashboard spreadsheets.
Accessing these templates is easy. Click on the Keyword Research Templates button to open the Template panel. Scroll to the desired template and click to open.
Most templates contain instructions, but, in general, they are easy to use. You enter information into highlighted cells and click on the Refresh All button.
Templates are powerful and flexible. You can extend existing templates with additional Bing Ads Intelligence and Excel features, or create custom templates based on your own unique workflow. Templates can be saved and shared with colleagues, or even shared with the Bing Ads Intelligence user community. To submit custom templates, email email@example.com.
Create a template
Bing Ads Intelligence lets you choose where to display results in your workbooks. In addition, you can manipulate data with favorite Excel features, like pivot tables, filters, sorts and graphs.
Let’s say you want to create a list of Generated Keywords from the seed keyword, “digital camera.” From the Generated Keyword column, select the keywords to return data. Click Traffic to open the dialog box. Choose Existing Worksheet, and select the cell where the returned traffic data should be placed. In this example, we chose D6.
Click Submit, and the Traffic data is inserted at the cell location selected, D6.
You can save this workflow and use it again later. If you need traffic data for a different keyword, simply select a new range of keywords and click Refresh All in the ribbon.
Watch a video on how to use BAI for keyword research, expansion, pricing, and key performance indicator data.
Creating bulksheets & utilizing cross-border expansion
You can make Bing Ads uploads easier by creating bulksheets. Simply select keywords in Excel and set match type & bids. Select campaign & ad group and upload to Bing Ads using the UI or Bing Ads Editor.
You can also use BAI to conduct cross-border research by populating the Country/region and Language boxes.
Learn more about Bing Ads Intelligence in this video demo.
Bing Ads Intelligence is a powerful keyword research tool that helps you build, expand and optimize suggested keyword lists and bid estimates using familiar Excel.
Bing Ads Intelligence helps you:
- Build lists of up to 200,000 generated keyword lists.
- Build separate reports that allow you to zero in on the information you want.
- Create original keyword research templates that let you analyze data for your business.
- Discover bid estimation data in a simple Excel spreadsheet.
- Optimize your campaigns with keyword expansions, webpage analysis, traffic estimates, and cross-border expansion.
The Bing Ads Intelligence tool is free to download.
Thanks for reading this Study guide on the Bing Ads Intelligence Tool. Continue studying or take the Bing Ads Accredited Professional exam to become accredited.