As detailed in an earlier announcement, with today’s upgrade to Unified Device Targeting (UDT), all your existing campaigns will be automatically opted-in to receive traffic from all devices. However, you still can easily adjust your bids to increase impressions on one device or another.
SEM Professional Lisa Raehsler explains what you need to know to make bidding adjustments after migration. We also recommend that you review your clicks, impressions, average position, and other performance metrics broken down by Device type in order to optimize your bid adjustment. This is easy to do, as most Bing Ads reports offer Device type as a column or filter, as indicated below.
Note: Device type is an optional attribute column in reports, so you will need to manually add it to your report.
How to run a report that includes the Device Type column
Following are the steps to run the report:
1. Go to Reports tab and select the report you want to run.
2. Expand the Choose your columns menu and select Device type from the available Attributes.
3. To retrieve data for only specific device types, expand your Filter menu, check Device type and then the specific device type(s) you are interested in, e.g. Smartphone and Tablet.
4. Click Run to run the report.
5. Once the report is complete it will contain data broken down by device type.
- Details on running performance report
- Blog: Changes to Targeting Mobile Devices Coming to Bing Ads in March 2015
- Blog: Unified Device Targeting: What you need to know before the March 23rd upgrade
- Blog: Unified Device Targeting: Best practices for campaign optimization (URL to follow)
- Blog: Unified Device Targeting: Optimizing for mobile search (URL to follow)
- UDT FAQ
Let us know
Let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us on the Bing Ads Feature Suggestion Forum, Twitter, or by leaving a comment below.
Program Manager, Bing Ads Platform