As a working mom of a 2nd grader and 10 month old twin boys, it probably won't come as a surprise to learn that I'm all about anything that's going to save me both time and money. Falling into that category is Bing Offers, which is not only a great service for people like me, but for merchants too... especially now with the launch of Bing Offers Card-Linked Beta.
If you haven't seen the announcement over on the Microsoft Advertising Blog this morning, here's a quick run-down:
- Broad reach: Card Linked offers will give merchants the ability to advertise across Microsoft’s online properties such as Outlook.com, Skype, Windows Phone 8 and Bing Apps that reach an audience of millions.
- Favorable economics: A CPA-model – gives advertisers much lower marketing fees.
- Better engagement: Advertisers can establish long-term consumer relationships and offer more relevant deals by understanding consumer interests.
- Controlled discounts: Ability to regulate promotions by limiting the risk of oversubscription of coupons or high consumer traffic within a narrow period.
- Frictionless redemption: At checkout, there is no need to change the point of sale (POS) system, no additional effort required to train staff in handling redemptions, and no need to wait for payments from deal promoters. Advertisers can use time and resources effectively to grow their business based on insightful Bing Offers reports.
Although the beta is limited to Seattle right now, other cities are expected to follow soon, so be sure to stay tuned here and to the MSA blog for updates as they become available.