App extensions enable you to promote your apps directly from your ad text leveraging assets like text, logos, images and URL associated to your app ID in the app store.
- Ensure the app description you use is accurate and in line with Microsoft Advertising policies. This includes the thumbnail or app preview icon used in your ad copy.
- The app as described in ad copy must be the one actually available in the store. For example, you may not describe one app in ad copy and link to a different one in the store.
- Be accurate when making representations regarding the identity of the developer or producer.
- You may only promote an app that you either own or have a right to distribute.
- The app you promote must be appropriate for the intended audience of your advertisement, including how it relates to age ratings. If your ad copy promotes travels for example, you may not link to a casual dating app for download.
- A click on an app extension may lead users to the app store, but it may not directly generate a download.
- Malware, spyware and other malicious software are strictly disallowed.
We are committed to the highest standards of quality and relevancy and we actively invest in meeting the intent of our users with the most relevant advertising content. We use multiple data points to ensure the best performance of your advertisements. In the context of serving your advertisement with an app extension we will leverage assets like text, logos, images and URL associated to your app ID in the app store.